Sunday, August 1, 2010

Letting go...

Ok so it was just for an hour... and we were a few hundred feet away but I still cried. I know pathetic! Up until now Bear has never been out of one of our sights except with family. Since she will be starting daycare in just a few weeks (oh it hurt my heart just to type that) we figured we should ease her in and put her in the nursery at church today. We lingered around slowly backing away whispering to each other what the game plan was for leaving... after about 10 min. when Bear was playing all by herself we told her mommy and daddy would be back in a little bit and to have fun playing. She hardly looked up... not a good bye kiss or wave... nothing... As the door closed and I peeked in at our little baby (ok so she's not really a baby anymore) the tears started coming. Surprisingly Erik didn't tell me I was being silly or laugh at me as I thought he would... maybe it was a little tough on daddy too...
After the service we tried to hurry through the good mornings and how are you's to get back to Bear... Did she run over with a big smile on her face? Give us big hugs and tell us never to leave her again? Burst out in tears? Nope none of the above. She glanced up and said "pizza" she was having a wonderful time playing with the pizza in the play kitchen. It was as if I had been folding laundry in the next room and just came to check on her. This was a new church, a new nursery, new kids, but I guess the new kitchen outweighed all of this. She doesn't even play with her kitchen at home! I found out the reason for that as well though! I asked for a piece of pizza and she went back to the kitchen found a plate, put the pizza on it, and delivered it nicely. She repeated this for everyone else that wanted pizza. Somehow my little angel has learned this social skill of putting food on plates! No wonder she hasn't played in her kitchen, I haven't gotten around to getting her dishes yet... I guess it's off to the store to get some. I wonder if there is any chance she will then play with her kitchen at home for an hour so I can actually fold that laundry in the other room???

No comments:

Post a Comment