Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We don't have to be perfect...

I think as moms we all feel like we have to be perfect. There are so many pressures on us... breastfeed for a year... make your own baby food (and with organic ingredients as well)... buy all natural toys and make sure NOTHING is from China... search all the labels of every product for parabens, BPA, lead, etc... run to Gymboree... make your own Halloween costumes... make sure your child is learning every second... keep yourself presentable... be a good wife... be a good daughter/sister/aunt/mom/etc... Something has to give! Just remember when you look at the other Superwomen around you something has given in their lives... So if they constantly have beautiful scrapbook pages and pictures on facebook of all their adventures and you hear of all the wonderful things their child is doing... I guarantee you that family had Taco Bell for dinner and god forbid the toddler went to bed without her teeth brushed... AGAIN... I know so many supermoms that are all awesome at different things and let me tell you I have to take a deep breath and remind myself that I rock too...
So to my friend that bakes her own bread, makes her own baby food, works a full time job educating our youth, and goes to grad school... I admire you...
To my friend that is a mother to two (an infant and a just 1 year old), who owns her own amazing photography business, and writes a daily blog, all while being super rad... I admire you...
To my friend who is a preachers wife... who home-schooled 2 kids with a toddler running around... who is dancing again (and teaching dance) after having the before mentioned 3 children and taking a "few" years off... who has dealt with more stress and sadness in the last few years than anyone should have to... who shares these things on her blog with an honesty that has allowed me to get closer to her and relate to her despite the miles and differences in our lives... I admire you...
To my friend who has 2 under 2 (or close)... who had both of those babies during graduate school... who is doing a full time internship with so many challenges... who has an awesome husband who is in medical school so she is often on her own...who is raising little genius babies, who despite everything on her plate does things like organize meals for weeks when you just had a baby (I will never forget this!)... I admire you...
I could go on and on... Every mother I know is amazing... I wish I could take pieces of each of you and create the ultimate mom for Ashlyn... but just knowing you all and being your friend is enough! So next time you are getting down on yourself really look at all the amazing things you are doing... if you can't come up with enough to bring you out of a funk... call me... facebook me... email me... I will tell you all the things I love about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment