Monday, October 18, 2010

How to get rid of the pacifier without even trying!

As I'm sure you know, we have been battling the pacifier for a while now... Trying out different ways to get rid of it... While I know the best thing to do is to pick one method and really commit to it, I revealed on my first first blog post that I never stick to ANYTHING! So not only does my child still have a "pah pah" (as they are called in my house) but she now wants to walk around with two at all times. If you don't believe me check out the picture I took on the way home yesterday...


A couple of weeks ago we decided to start snipping the tips of her pacifiers. She was NOT happy about this and would just throw them at us and scream. I don't know if it is just a coincidence but the TERRIBLE TWO's emerged on the very same day I made the first snip and have not disappeared. My father-in-law just left today and I really wanted him to enjoy his time with his youngest grandchild. None of my husband's family has seen her since her first birthday 10 months ago and I didn't want him to go back to Florida and tell them we are raising the spawn of Satan. So we gave in and let her have a normal pacifier back. That turned into Poppy going on a shopping trip to buy her even more pacifiers, and now she has an entire arsenal again.
You can imagine how surprised I was when it was bedtime tonight and I asked her if she wanted her "pah pah" and she said "NO!" I was about to jump for joy and announce to the whole world that my darling angel had given up her pacifier all on her own... when her finger went straight up her nose and then into her mouth. Yep for all of you mothers who want to break their children of the pacifier just let them spend the day with a nose-picker/booger-eater... It works like magic...
Now I'm off to research how to stop nose picking! Any suggestions?

P.S. She is really going to hate me for this one someday :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment